This delicious dish is great with fried rice and a side salad!
– 8 Boneless, skinless chicken thighs (you can use chicken breast if you prefer)
– 1 tbsp. coconut oil
– Salt and pepper for seasoning
– 2 cloves grated garlic
– 1 tsp grated ginger
– 1/3 cup low sodium liquid aminos or soy sauce
– 1/3 cup orange marmalade ( you could sub the zest
– 1/4 cup rice vinegar
– 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
– 1 tbsp. arrowroot powder or cornstarch
– 3 tbsp. chopped green onions (scallions)
– 2 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
– 1 tbsp. sesame seeds
Heat a medium sized skillet over high heat. Add coconut oil. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Add chicken and brown on each side then remove from pan and set aside. Add garlic and ginger, stir for a few seconds. Add orange marmalade, sesame oil, and vinegar. Mix 1 tbsp. arrow root powder or corn starch with the liquid aminos or soy and stir to remove lumps. Add liquid aminos/soy mixture and stir. Cook for 3 minutes. Return chicken to pan and reduce the heat to simmer. Cook for 20 minutes. Just before serving, add sesame seeds, fresh scallion and cilantro.